The Volyn Icon of the Mother of God is an icon of the "Hodegetria" type dating from the beginning of the XIV century, which was kept for centuries in the Intercession Church in the city of Lutsk. One of the oldest monuments of painting preserved in the west of Ukraine. The origin of the icon has not been reliably established. Attempts were made to time its writing to the transfer in 1289 by Prince Mstislav Danilovich of the episcopal see to the Church of St. John the Theologian in the Upper Castle.
|Maximum print sizes (cm)||45x60 (3:4)|
|File format and size||tif, 32.27MB|